Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Essential List

You hear a lot that we are constantly discovering who we are and how important it is to be happy in your own skin. With this in mind I wrote up the short list of the things that I need out of life.

the List:

  • Meaning - I need there to meaning in the job that I have or in some avenue of my life, knowing that the work I do "matters" is very important for me. 
  • Busyness - Not just for the sake of busyness, but I feel most on it when I am juggling multiple tasks (this mostly pertains to my work life, but it works in my personal life as well.) Give me an inch and I'll take a mile, but give me a list and tasks to complete and I'll be a champion. 
  • Outdoors - Getting outside is a true necessity and every time it makes me appreciate everything I have and everything that's beautiful.
  • Creative outlet - I love drawing and sketching, but it is when I bring an idea fully to life in a painting that I feel most accomplished. 
  • Planning - I think I operate best when I have something to work toward - a plan that needs executing - a Goal to work toward. 
  • Exercise - I have a lot of choices, but I feel off if I don't do it. Whether I am biking, running, swimming, kayaking, or playing tennis -- it is important and it is necessary. 
  • Written word - Writing it down and getting it out of my head always makes me feel lighter. 
  • Reading - So much insight can be attained from reading a good book, I will always love the feeling of the walls falling away and being truly absorbed in someone's words. 
These are just a few of the essentials, but these are the pillars that I fall on to when I need to round out myself. As I look at and read this list I know that it is true, each one of them gives me that buzz - when I feel full and complete. Maybe when I'm feeling down - I must be lacking in one of these realms. It's just a thought but I think I may be on to something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment