Friday, October 16, 2015

Road trip preparations

With each day and week that transpires I'm getting ever closer to my "move out" date. It all feels surreal but I'm just taking it as it comes. I don't think It will hit me that I've moved to the other side of the country until I'm there and even then it will probably take time to settle in. 

To get to San Francisco I am loading up my car with my possessions (currently in the midst of selling a lot of furniture.) In theory what will be left will be: clothes, some books, pictures, and my "activity" gear. Selling stuff is pretty stressful - I have a clear cut date when it all needs to be gone by, so every piece I sell is exciting but it also means that there is still so much left to go...

I have my road trip planned out, I'll drive up to Indiana first for one last visit. I'll go through: Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas (briefly), New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, and South to north through California. I'll get to see the Grand Canyon!, Arches National Park, Moab, Sequoia National Park, and Big Sur. I'll stay with some friends sporadically and camp on the other nights. 

Last weekend I went to Mount Mitchell with Zoey. It rained from Friday night to Saturday late, but it was beautiful on Sunday and we were able to hike to the summit. I had rigged my Osprey pack for Zoe-carrying-capabilities. It worked out swimmingly and I'm so excited to get to do a couple ~2 to 4 mile hikes with Zoey! My car will be laden with all that i own so I won't want to leave the car by itself for too long at a time. 

So much to do!!! We are under the Two month mark folks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment