Thursday, July 1, 2010

Birds chirping and dogs barking

Got up at 4:30 this morning and after taking zoey for a nice long walk (in great contrast to our nightly walks, which have been getting shorter and shorter as the 4th approaches...zoey reacts to the constant fireworks as if we're in the middle of a war and she just wants to be safe in the house.)

Todays Summary:
2 M am run
1300 Meter swim at lunch
2 M evening run

The run this morning was wonderful. I used my bike taillight, which came with an elastic arm band, so I could be visible, as well as my headlamp...running at 5 am there isn't too much light just yet.
No need for music this morning! I had a symphony of birds to keep my ears entertained. Between the cold temps, the almost non existent traffic, and the lack of having done any other sports to wear my muscles out first, I ran about 20 seconds faster...small steps.

Swim went well at lunch, was a bit stressed before lunch so I had extra encouragement to get to the pool. As soon I hit the water there was no longer anything to think about but breathing and swimming. I ended up swimming a 12 minute 700, which I would say is a pretty average speed for me. I also swam a 300, consisting of twelve 25M sprints, alternating back and free. The finale was another 300 of four 75M sprints of free.

The run this evening was so so. I decided to mix things up and run backwards. Well, I ran the route by starting where I usually finish and finishing where I usually start. This was nice for a change of scenery...the other side of the road. The only downside was that I'm not used to the roads I have to turn onto when coming from the other direction, so I accidentally cut my ride a tad short by turning one road too soon. So my impressive time today? 16.30...but that's without about 2 tenths of a mile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really proud of you and that your doing the running too! That will help the most in getting your wind up. Maybe I'll get you a "breathing exerciser" for Christmas, it really helps get my wind juiced up with my running. GO BUG GO!
    LY, Da

    ReplyDelete