Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Strategy: just kick ass in the swim.

weekend:

Saturday 7/24

After paddling the Loop at the Lower Yough I ran back to car so we could get the boats on the car.

Then, Derick, Rob, Xavier, Dave and I paddled the Upper Yough. We had hopes to do two runs, but the Race was that day, so the river was pretty packed and we didn't have too much speed, so we opted to chill at National Falls and watch the racers come through. I decided I would dive into the hole at the falls. I of course still had my helmet and pfd on. I swam it 3 times and it was tiring and a blast, I had the crowd that was gathered quite entertained. I was paddling in my new Solo this weekend and got a lot of compliments on the boat. I was very happy with how it handled.

Sunday 7/25

I got up at 7am and ran for about 18 minutes. It was rocky, buggy, uphill, and I was super dehydrated, oh and it was hot. After I was done, I took a dip in the river to cool off (all of this was while everyone was still asleep, gotta love feeling accomplished first thing in the morning.)

I swam a little at the putin for the lower yough. And later at swimmers I dove in and tried to body surf...a few times. I got really good at surfing my Solo, and I surfed a bunch. I can definitely feel the effects from all of the paddling; my back is killing me from all of the flat water paddling.

Monday 7/26

swim 1500

550: 9.l2
550: 10.12
300: 5 min, 4--75s 10 sec rest
100: 1.35

Good day. Felt really solid. That first 550 was the fastest I've ever swam a 550, I really would have liked to swim farther, but as usual...time to go back to the office.

Tuesday 7/27

swim 1400m

550: 9.07
550: 8.19
300: 5 min

I am STILL blown away by the 2nd 550. I was playing chase with this asian guy that always swims at the same time as me. We were sharing a lane and a couple times I got really close to passing him. For about 50m I was catching up and nearly passing him. Then I did pass him around lap 12. For the last 250m i was just keeping him behind me. Stupendously awesome day. Words cant even describe how happy I was/am.

No comments:

Post a Comment